Last year I have posted a guide for a Christmas Detox. The idea was to support and prepare the digestive system for the festive season and all the dinner dates. Quite a few people reported the positive effects it had on their celebrations. One lady felt so good following these guidelines, that she continued eating this way into the new year and as a result lost 10 kilograms!
The basic idea behind it is to eat as little as possible without starving in between the Turkey Dinners.
· When you eat, eat food which will support your digestive and immune systems and help your body to digest rich, fatty meals when they come. These foods are on the list provided.
· It is helpful to consume simple, mainly plant based, meals – salads, smoothies and soups are excellent examples of this.
· A list of supplements is included which will support the liver to get rid of toxins more efficiently.
Here is a list of super detoxifying drinks which supports the function of the liver. You can have it in stead of a meal before or after a heavy meal.
- Dark cherry or tart cherry juice concentrate mixed in kefir, sparkling water or in a smoothie.
- Ginger root tea with honey and lemon. It could be served hot or cold.
- One teaspoonful organic cocoa and ¼ teaspoon ginger in your early morning coffee or a nut milk.
- 15 – 30 ml apple cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon honey, ½ teaspoon ginger and or turmeric and a ¼ teaspoon cayenne mixed in boiled water. If you take this last thing at night it will help you sleep as well as assist your liver with cleansing while you sleep.
- If you are in the northern hemisphere where it is cold, you might feel like having a pumpkin coffee latte. This is adding a scoop of pumpkin or butternut and pumpkin spice into your coffee, blend it together and top it up with a frothed nutmilk.
We do believe that you will have a merrier Christmas and a more wonderful New Year when you look after your health. And that is our wish for you for the Festive Season and for the duration of 2018.